I’m putting my spin on Bobby Flay’s shrimp and grits! I think the hardest thing to do when cooking is get the perfect balance of sweet, salty, creamy, acid, etc., but this 100% hit all of those marks! My husband said this was his favorite meal, I guess it’s because it was Bobby’s recipe :)! I am not much of a shrimp girl so I used the seasoning for chicken and it was perfect! I hope you guys will make this! It was pretty easy to put together and pretty freaking amazing!
– 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
– 3 tbsp spanish paprika
– 1 tbsp ancho chile powder
– 2 tsp coriander
– 2 tsp ground fennel
– 2 tsp dry mustard
– 2 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 2 tbsp canola oil
– 4 sliced thick cut bacon
– 3 garlic cloves, sliced
– pinch of red pepper flakes
– 1/4 cup white wine, I use sauvignon blanc
– 1 (15-ounce) can plum tomatoes and their juices
– 1 tbsp sherry vinegar, can use any vinegar
– 1/4 cup chopped parsley
– Parmesan Grits (Recipe Here)
– 3 scallions, sliced thinly
1. In a small bowl, combine paprika, chile powder, coriander, fennel, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Pat shrimp dry and coat in spice blend and set aside.
2. In a large high side skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble and set aside. Add 1 tbsp of oil into the same pan and turn the heat to high. Once oil is rippling, place shrimp in and cook on 1 minute per side. Cook in batches of 10. Once shrimp is cooked, remove from pan and place on a plate. Turn the heat off and add in garlic and red pepper flakes. Turn heat to low and cook for 1 minute or until slightly golden. Turn heat up to medium and add in wine. Let reduce completely, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Next, add in tomatoes and cook on med-high for about 10 minutes. Once they have become soft, mash with a potato masher. Turn heat to low and cook down for another 10 minutes. Return the shrimp back into the skillet cook for about 2 minutes, just until heated through. Remove from heat, add in splash of sherry and parsley.
4. To serve, scoop 2 ladles of parmesan grits in a large bowl, top with shrimp and garnish with reserved bacon and sliced scallions. ENJOY!