One-Pot Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
I love using random ingredients I have left throughout the week to make new fun recipes! This one is so easy, fun and delicious! I put a “pizza” spin on your average pasta with meat sauce and it turned out fabulous!
I cooked the noodles in the sauce but you could make this even quicker by just boiling them according to package instructions then adding to the sauce. I used a mix of penne and cavatappi noodles because that is what I had but any short thick noodle would be great! Gluten free noodles would also be perfect here!
The best part is that you can make this your own! Think about your favorite pizza toppings and incorporate them where you can! Spinach would be great added at the end. Sautéed mushrooms would add a great flavor and even olives for a briny salty bite! The most perfect weeknight dinner. I know you’re going to love it!
One Pot Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- large saute pan
- 1 lb breakfast sausage ground pork or italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup green pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 16 oz Raos Marinara Sauce
- 16 oz water
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 10-12 pepperoni
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded or fresh
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Start by bringing 1 tbsp olive oil to medium heat in a large sauce pan. Sauté your onion and pepper until translucent. Add in garlic and cook another minute.
- Add in sausage and crumble. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes. I like to keep mine in bite sized chunks. Stir in your Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- Pour in your water and sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add in your pasta and cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes. Stirring every 5 mintues until pasta is cooked through. If all liquid is absorbed and pasta is not cooked add 1/2 cup water and cook until pasta is cooked!
- Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and oregano. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Or until nice and bubbly
1 thought on “One-Pot Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Pasta”