Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Spicy Italian Chicken
Here comes another quick weeknight dinner that you will love!! You guys know I love a pasta dish and well the funny part is last week during my “healthy” week I didn’t have pasta once, this week, I accidentally planned for 3 pasta dishes 😉 Clearly I was missing it!
This one comes together in under 30 minutes. It has outrageous flavor and such few ingredients! I like to use heavy cream but you can sub for nut pods original creamer (I have yet to try). Also, I used shredded parmesan and let me tell you that is a bust! Try and use grated it melts so much nicer! My favorite is Sartori Grated Parmesan. So fluffy and delicious!
One tip before we get started! In order for your sauce to be nice and thick and not oily. You must bring your cream up to a simmer (medium heat) and then turn the heat off. Slowly add in your cheese a little at a time and stir until well mixed. Then add in the rest. Turn the heat to low after adding the cheese and it should get nice and thick and creamy! Alright, now on to the recipe!
Creamy Sundried Tomato Pasta
- Large Pot
- Large skillet
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Start by cubing up your chicken into 1 inch cubes. Season with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tbsp italain seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp red chili flakes. Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and cook until chicken is done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil and cook your pasta.
- Add in 1/2 cup onion, 2 cloves garlic and 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes to the pan used to cook your chicken. Cook over medium/low heat about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in your 1 cup heavy cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Once simmering turn your heat off and slowly add in your 1/2 cup grated parmesan. Stir until well combined.
- Turn heat back on to low and toss in cooked chicken and spinach. Add about 1/4 cup pasta water and wilt down your spinach.
- Once the pasta is done add it to the pan and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parmesan and a little red chili flakes. Enjoy!
Please help me by leaving a comment below after your make this! I hope you all enjoy!