Cheesy Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
I tend to not be much of a stuffed pepper person because I feel like the pepper is never cooked all the way but this was delicious and the filing was outstanding! I was going to use this as a meals made easy recipe but my son told me differently 🙂 “what’s that green thing” is actually what he said, so I decided maybe these aren’t super “family friendly” but they’re delicious and if your kids don’t eat peppers then just stuff these in a tortilla because dang they were good!
- 4 poblano peppers
- 2 cups chicken breast, small/medium dice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp diced chilies
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1/4 cup water
- mixed cheese for topping
- 2 tbsp spice blend (written below)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano.
1. Cut off the stem and remove the seeds from each pepper. Cut down the middle lengthwise to make two boats from each pepper. Set peppers in a baking dish and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
2. Add a 1 tbsp oil, 2 cups diced chicken, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 2 tbsp green chilies and 1/2 can of beans to a skillet over medium heat! Season with 1 tbsp of seasoning blend.
3. Cook on medium heat until filling is nice and hot. Add in 1/4 cup water & turn heat to low and let reduce!
I cooked some bite sized pieces of chicken breast but I would typically use rotisserie! It takes on all the spices and just creates such a nice short cut! If you don’t like poblano peppers stuff these in red or green peppers and they would be just as fabulous! I hope you’ll try these!
4. Remove peppers from the oven and stuff with chicken mixture! Top each with 1/4 cup cheese.
5. Cover with foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the peppers are soft!
6. Serve with all the toppings and a side of cilantro lime rice!! ENJOY 🙂
Please make sure to comment below if you make these!