Caramel Apple Tart
Hi guys! It has been a minute since I have made a new recipe, and who would have ever thought it would be a dessert. As we all know I rarely bake, but the easy things I can do! So if you’re not a baker than this one is for you!
I know the holidays are approaching and we all like to bring something special to our hosts house! This tart will make you look like you tried so hard and really it is so incredibly easy! However, just because it is easy doesn’t mean its not absolutely delicious! Best part is you can eat it warm or at room temp so it is perfect to bring for a holiday dessert!
Sweet and tangy crunchy apples, crispy crust and a delicious caramel drizzle and you can’t forget the ice cream! It really is perfection. I used store bought caramel but of course you could make your own, but who would know?! Trust me this one is worth trying! Hope you guys love it! More recipes coming!!
Caramel Apple Tart
- 1 frozen puff pastry dough
- 1/2 stick butter (melted) + 1/4 stick
- 3 apples peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- Start by thawing out the puff pastry. Set aside
- Clean and peel your apples. Slice about 1/8th of an inch thick! In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon. Toss 3/4 of the sugar with the apples. Save the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- In another bowl, melt all of your butter and pour 1/4 cup butter over apples and mix well. Toss apples with cornstarch until well combined.
- Roll out your puff pastry into an even thickness. Shape really doesn't matter, mine resembled a rectangle. Use a fork to make a few holes into the bottom of the dough.
- Pour the apples into the center of the dough leaving about 2 inches on each side. Fold in the edges of the dough to secure the filling.
- Brush remaining butter on the crust and sprinkle with leftover cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until nice and puffed, lightly brown and crispy. Serve with ice cream and enjoy!