Crunchy Baked Tacos
You know those little jack in the box tacos with the mystery meet inside of them that are soooo good when you’ve had a few drinks?! I basically just recreated those without knowing and WOW they were sooo good! I could not stop eating them! Honestly there is really nothing special (ingredient wise) about these tacos, but just simply adding cheese and meet inside the grain free tortilla and baking them really just takes the to a whole new level!!
I used ground beef in mine but you could always use ground chicken or turkey if you like! I also used Siete almond flour tortillas and they are a splurge but they are 100% worth it! I love how thin they are and they get SO crunchy when they are baked! And finally, use a good quality cheese so it melts nicely and then add all your toppings! Seriously so easy! You will be craving taco night every night!
Crunchy Baked Tacos
- Large skillet
- Baking Sheet
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 tortillas I used Siete Almond Flour but flour will work also
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- toppings of your choice
- Start by browning the meat in a large skillet. Drain out extra fat and season.
- Microwave the tortillas in a damp paper towel for about 25 seconds. Separate immediately.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on both sides of the tortilla. Spoon in about 1/8 cup of taco meat and about 2 tbsp cheese. Fold and press down lightly.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Turning after 10 minutes. If needed add a wire wrack to the baking sheet to make them extra crispy and reduce the amount of fat but I think it gave it a great flavor!
- Serve with all the toppings! Sour cream, lettuce, avocado, lime and cilantro! ENJOY
Please leave a comment below and let me know your thoughts!
2 thoughts on “Crunchy Baked Tacos”
Caroline- I made the taco recipe last night. It was a thumbs up from me! Thanks for the delicious and easy dinner!