Sheet-Pan Lemon Chicken with Parmesan Orzo
I’m realizing now that I should have taken a photo of these ON the actual sheet pan, but this is going to have to work for now! 🙂 They also closely resemble the One-pot Lemon Pepper Chicken with Orzo but a little different, and even easier! I just placed all the ingredients on the sheet pan and baked it! I boiled the orzo and folded in a few fresh ingredients and dinner was served!
I love using bone in skin on chicken thighs because they just have such good flavor and never dry out, but you could 100% use chicken breasts! This would also be delicious with salmon! The lemon really freshens everything up and is the perfect easy weeknight meal! Here’s how its done.
Sheet-pan Lemon Chicken with Parmesan Orzo
- Sheet pan
- Small sauce pot
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs
- 1 Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Lemons
- 2 sprigs Rosemary optional
- 2 sprigs Thyme optional
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tbsp Pepper
For the Orzo
- 1/2 lb Orzo
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Arugula
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 juiced Lemon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Start by slicing onion into 1 inch half moons and place them on the tray. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and olive oil. Place them (skin side up) on the sheet tray on top of the onions.
- Smash garlic cloves and sprinkle around pan. Slice lemons into rounds and place them under and around the chicken. Sprinkle with herbs and a little more olive oil. Make sure everything is coated in oil but not too wet!
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or an hour until chicken is cooked through.
- When chicken has about 20 minutes left. Boil water and cook orzo according to package instructions. Reserve about 1/4 cup pasta water. Strain pasta and place back in pot.
- Stir in salt, pepper and arugula while pasta is still hot! Pour in 1/2 the water and a little parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Squeeze in lemon juice and taste. If needed, add more seasonings, cheese or water!
- Once chicken is done turn oven on broil and broil for about 2-3 minutes or until the skin is nice and crispy! Serve orzo topped with chicken thigh. Drizzle on pan juices and enjoy!