One-Pot Chicken Parmesan Tortellini Bake
I mean WOW ya’ll I am a genius!!!! This was the most spectacular thing ever!!! So incredibly easy to throw together and tasted just like chicken parmesan but better, because it had tortellini in it and who doesn’t love tortellini?! I mean if you don’t you may be crazy but you can sub out any type of noodles if you wish!
Now let me tell you, this dish comes together sooo quickly because I used leftover chicken parmesan from the night before! Soooo if you’ve been thinking about signing up for my Italian Classic Cooking Class you will be able to make that fabulous dish plus this one for literally 3 extra ingredients!
Some things to note. I used my Parmesan Chicken recipe (linked here) so check that out but this would be equally as delicious with just some grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken! But let me just say, if you are already making this breaded chicken just go ahead and make extra and freeze it or use it in leftovers. Parmesan Sandwich, On top of a salad, On top of vodka pasta, literally so much you can do with it! OK now lets get to it!
Chicken Parmesan Tortellini Bake
- 2 Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts or plain cooked chicken breast
- 1 lb Cheese Tortellini
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese plus more for topping
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- Basil for garnish
- Start by boiling pasta water and cooking pasta according to package instructions. Drain and place in a baking dish.
- Chop chicken into medium size chunks. And place in the dish with the pasta. Pour in Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce and water. Mix to combine.
- Top with chunks of mozzarella and extra parmesan. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Broil at the end for 2-3 minutes or until mozzarella gets nice and brown. Garnish with basil and serve!
If using grilled chicken. Top the bake with breadcrumbs. Drizzle with a little olive oil or butter. Bake as normal. The top will add the "crunch" necessary for parmesan chicken! So yummy!
Did you make this?! Please leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it!