The most perfect 20 minute weeknight meal! Its fresh easy to altar and so quick to throw together! I used a little lemon pepper on the chicken last time and it made such a good statement and paired so well with the rest of the dish! You could even swap the angel hair for tortellini and wow it would be amazing!!
Lemon Pepper Chicken with Lemon Parmesan Pasta
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 1-2 lemon
- handful spinach
- 1/2-1 cup pasta water
- 1/2 lb angel hair
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- dash red pepper flakes
- pasrsley optional*
- Start by seasoning chicken with lemon pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Heat a large skillet with olive oil to med/high heat. Cook about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Meanwhile boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Turn the skillet off that was used to cook the chicken and let cool a bit. Add 1 tbsp oil and add in sliced garlic. Turn heat on to medium. Cook until garlic is fragrant.
- Once you can smell garlic, add in water and spinach. Let spinach wilt and reduce heat simmer. Add juice of 1/2 lemon and a little more salt and pepper.
- Finally add in spaghetti! Stir to coat in sauce! Let simmer until about 2 tbsp of liquid remains. Add more water for a thinner sauce!(still may look weird, don't worry the cheese will do all the work)
- Turn off the heat. Toss in parmesan cheese and a little red pepper flakes! Taste and add more seasoning or lemon, if needed. Don't be afraid to add more pasta water if it needs to thin out!
- Top pasta with sliced chicken and garnish with a little parsley and more cheese!
Did you make this? Please leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!