Ok, I know you guys all LOVE your brussels, and I love that because I do too and all the recipes I’ve made are pretty goood, but this one, WOW I DID IT! So much flavor, so balanced and basically taste like candy!! If you make these, make more than expected because they will be gone!!
These make the most perfect Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving or just an every day dinner side!! We’ve got sweet, salty, bacony (is that a thing), bitter! I mean all the things! The maple syrup gives it the best caramelization, the bacon balances out all the sweet and its finished with the perfect bite of the brussels! It really is the quickest side dish and I think you are all going to fall in love!
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 bag brussels sprouts halved
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Start by cooking bacon in a large skillet! Once cooked remove and drain on paper towels. Chop into medium chunks.
- In the same pot, add brussels cut side down in oil on med/high heat for about 4-5 minutes or until nice and brown! Flip brussels and add a little salt and pepper!
- Add in soy sauce, maple syrup and bacon! Bring to boil and reduce to simmer, let it simmer until syrup is almost completely cooked out and brussels are tender!
- Serve hot, but they're also delicious warm/cold! Try not to eat the whole pan!
Did you make these?! Please leave a comment below!