I know there are so many beef stew recipes out there but I just had to make it for fall! Its such a classic and so dang easy to throw together!! I love a crockpot meal, especially one that just actually tastes better out of the crock pot! These big chunks of meat braise in their own juices all day and wow it turns up mouthwateringly delicious!
Do you usually top your stew on anything? I’ve seen mashed potatoes or even spaghetti (shocked)! I usually just eat it by itself or with a side of toasty sourdough bread!! I love soaking the brothy sauce up in the bread and my husband (as you know) loves making sandwiches out of all the ingredients! 🙂
However, there really is no need to make anything else because this delicious meal has it all! Rich tender beef, creamy potatoes and super flavorful veggies! If you have not tried a stew like this yet, definitely give this one a try!! It will take about 20 minutes to put together and will be well worth it at the end of the day!
Crock Pot Stew
- 2.5 lb stew meat
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 cups beef broth + 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- Start by heating a large pot on high. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan and heat. Cut meat into 2 inch chunks. Add to pan and sear on all sides. Remove from pot and place in crock pot.
- In the same pot you cooked the beef, add in veggies + 1 tbsp olive oil! Cook for about 5 minutes. Add in 2 tbsp flour and cook out about 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup broth! Pour all ingredients into crock pot.
- Quarter potatoes and throw them in the crock pot. Season with a little salt, pepper, and herbs! Pour in 1 cup broth. Stir to combine. Make sure meat is on the bottom!
- Cook on low for 6 hours! Serve on a bed of mashed potatoes, pasta or a side of toast!
Did you make this? Please leave a comment below!