Easy Lo Mein
You guys, I have literally never ordered these at a restaurant! I am definitely more of a fried rice type of girl but we were at a Hibachi restaurant a few weeks ago and we got a free special side of some lo mein noodles and wow wow wow, I have been missing out! I have been craving them ever since! I never knew how incredibly easy they were and you probably already have all of the ingredients in your pantry!! My favorite type of recipe!!
I used ground pork, broccoli, red peppers and lots of scallions and OMG it was perfect! Literally! However, you can put it literally anything your heart desires! Carrot, mushrooms, spring peas, spinach, green beans, chicken, shrimp! The world is truly your oyster and I believe it would be perfect anyway you choose!
Final note about the easy lo mein! You can use ramen noodles or egg noodles but I just used normal spaghetti noodles and they were delicious! Finally, the sauce comes together with 4 ingredients and coats each noodle beautifully! Can’t wait for you to try it!
Pork Lo Mein
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 lb pork sausage or ground pork
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic chili oil
- sprinkle sesame seeds
- Start by browning pork in a large skillet. Remove from pan, set aside. In the same skillet add in garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Throw in the broccoli and red peppers along with 1/4 cup water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes on med/low.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- After veggies are nice and tender. Add back in sausage and turn heat up to med/high. Add in 1/4 cup water, soy sauce, sugar, oil and chili oil! Let come up to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Add in pasta and let cook with sauce. Add more water if necessary!
- Toss in scallions and a couple dashes of sesame seeds. Serve in a large bowl and garnish with extra soy sauce, scallions and sesame seeds!
Did you make this? Please leave a comment below!