I have been on a soup kick these days and I’m loving it! I love that there is very little clean up and so much flavor all in one pot!!! love love love this corn chowder!! Creamy and cheesy, loads of chunky potato and of course tons of sweet corn!! This is technically vegetarian so it would be perfect for meatless Monday however, I would definitely have added some bacon if I had it! 100% will be making this over and over again! Would be perfect for a large crowd!! so yum!
Creamy Corn Chowder
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp bacon grease or olive oil
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 russet potatoes diced
- 2 cups corn
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Start by heating a large pot over med heat and get bacon grease nice and hot. Chop onion, garlic and potatoes.
- Add onion to the pot and cook until translucent about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant!
- Add in chicken broth, spices and bring to a boil. Pour in potatoes and turn heat to medium and cover. Cook until fork tender about 20 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked through add in corn. (I used frozen but roasted or fresh would be great). Next we are going to blend about 50% of the soup! If you have a handheld blender carefully blend until about half the soup is a smooth creamy consistency. You can also remove half the soup and blend with a blender and pour back in.
- Bring soup back up to a simmer and cook for another 5-10 minutes! Taste, turn heat off and add in cream and cheese! Adjust seasonings if needed! (If adding bacon (cooked and chopped) I would add it in now!)
- Ladle into large bowls and garnish with a little sour cream, green onions, parsley and hot sauce!
Please leave a comment below and let me know how you enjoyed it!