Ok, you guys know how much I RAVE about Chicken Salad Chicks food! I mean, they kill the chicken salad game, but I don’t have one near me and I want chicken salad NOW 😂
I’ve made plenty in my day and none have been as good, until now!! I did all the trial and error for you & I have the best recipe ever!! Thank goodness
Best part? This is my favorite kind, but my husband loves the grapes/nuts version, so guess what, just add them in!! This recipe is just the base, the chicken salad is your oyster.
Finally, this is all stuff you probably have in your pantry! Prep this on Sunday and eat all week long!! 😋
Classic Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayo I use Hellman's
- 1/8 tsp salt + more for water
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 onion powder
- pinch of dried or fresh dill
- Start by poaching the chicken! Place 2 chicken breasts in a pot with salty water. Turn heat to medium & poach chicken for about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred, very finely!!! I use a stand mixer and shred shred shred!
- Next, add 2 cups shredded chicken into a bowl with mayo, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and a pinch of dill!
- Mix all ingredients, place in fridge and let cool for about 2 hours!
- Serve on a lightly toasted sandwich, a bed of lettuce or a side of crackers