The easiest most perfectly cooked ribeye you’ll ever taste! I love a good grilled steak but sometimes it’s A. just too hot & B. I’m just too lazy!! This is the perfect solution!
Let’s talk steak! My favorite steak is probably a ribeye, it has so much flavor & when it’s cooked correctly it’s nice & tender. 2nd favorite? Filet! So tender & barely needs any seasoning!! You can also do this method with a filet! Just alter the cook time!
Now, the most important thing in a good steak is first make sure it’s ROOM temperature before cooking! Keep it out for about 30 minute to an hour before seasoning & cooking! 2nd lots of salt & pepper, or in this case I love Montreal Seasoning! Finally, the perfect sear! It helps trap in all the juices & gives the flavor of the grill without the hassle!
Well, enough talking let’s start cooking!
Reverse Sear Ribeye
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 ribeye about 1.5-2 inches thick
- Seasoning of your choice I like Montreal
- 3 tbsp Butter room temp
- Herbs of your choice I like thyme & rosemary! Chop finely
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Season steak liberally on every side! Place on a sheet pan lined with a wire rack & cook for about 45 minute or until internal temp reaches 110-120.
- While steak is cooking, mix butter, herbs, garlic & salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once steak has reached temperature, let sit for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat up a cast iron skillet to high heat!
- Add in a little oil & place steak directly in. Cooking about 60-70 seconds per side!
- Remove from pan and let rest another 10 minutes & top with herb butter.
- Cut steak into thick slices & enjoy! I love serving this with my simple mashed potato and my creamed spinach!
I hope you enjoy this delicious steak dinner! Leave a comment and let me know how yours turns out!