Craving take out but want it to be GOOD?! I feel like we pay so much money when we order to go food and honestly it’s never as good as I was dreaming about! 😔 Some things just taste better right out of the skillet and this is one of those in my opinion!!
Want to hear the good news?! You can make this at home in just under 30 minutes!! It’s as simple as browning the chicken and quickly stir frying it in the sticky, sweet, tangy sauce!! This one was delish!!!
Serve with a simple side of steamed white or brown rice and enjoy! also, I suggest making more than you think because this went fast! 🙃 Here’s what I did!
- 1 lb chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup corn starch + 1/4 cup flour mixed in a baggie
- Salt and pepper to season flour
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp green onion plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Start by mixing sauce together and set aside.
- Cut chicken into cube and season with salt and pepper. Add to baggie with flour and starch and coat the chicken.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet with about 2 tbsp of avocado or canola oil. To about medium heat.
- Fry chicken in batches, in order to not over crowd the pan. Once cooked through, drain on paper towel. Finish all chicken.
- Turn pan heat to low and pour in sauce. Let come to a boil and turn to a simmer. It should be thickening quickly.
- Add chicken in the pan with the sauce and let coat and thicken for a couple of minutes!
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve on a bed of white or brown rice!
Don’t forget to leave a comment!!