Put red sauce & cream sauce together and you’ve got a winner for me + vodka and we’re really talking!!! You guys know I LOVE a good simple dish on a Monday and this one is as easy as can be!!
I used regular penne pasta but you could definitely sub wheat, gluten free or even spaghetti squash!! So much flavor packed in the sauce, the vessel is your choice!
Finally, if you’re not a drinker you can 100% leave out the vodka! It does cook out the alcohol in the cooking process though! I served with simple grilled chicken and bread, but roasted asparagus would be wonderful too!! Hope you all enjoy!
- 1 box penne pasta
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shot vodka, any will work
- 1 cup red sauce, I use Raos
- 1/4 cup cream, could use milk
- 1/4 cup parm cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling the pasta water. Add pasta to cook, according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking put sauce together.
- In a large skillet add olive oil & garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Turn heat to low, add in the vodka, careful don’t want it to flame up on you!
- Bring vodka up to a boil and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once vodka has mostly reduced add in red sauce and cream, bring to a simmer.
- Add in pasta water and turn heat off. Add in parm cheese and butter. Stir to melt.
- Add pasta into sauce with a little more parm cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine!
- Garnish with more parm cheese and parsley! Serve & enjoy!