Rice, in my opinion, is delicious in any form, but when you add bacon and cheddar to the mix it makes it that much better!!! I mean drool worthy for sure!! I love a good rice dish because 1. its so simple and 2. it fills you up without having to eat too much if it! However, you’ll want to eat it all!
I know it seems weird to have corn in rice?! But GUYS I think I’m on to something!! The roasted flavor was there but the sweet pop from the corn was unbelievable!! I hope you guys will try this one! Don’t forget, tag @brookslately if you do!
Sweet Corn, Bacon & Cheddar Rice
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 3 cloves garlic. minced
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups broth or water
- 2 cobbs of corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Start by turning the IP or pan on suate and cook bacon until crisp. Once cooked remove bacon, leaving the grease!!
- Toss in onion and jalapeno and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour in rice and let toast lightly for a couple of minutes! Add in salt and pepper and pour in water or broth.
- For IP: Cook for 12 minutes med pressure and let naturally release! Fluff with a fork.
- For normal pan, bring liquid to a boil, turn to low and cover. Cook according to package instructions. Fluff.
- While rice is cooking, lets roast our corn! If you have a gas stove I love doing it right on the flame and turning every couple minutes. Cut off the cob.
- If you don't have a gas stove either do it in a dry pan or in the oven on broil. You could also leave this step out!
- Once rice is fluffed add in corn, and bacon pieces! Stir to combine.
- Finally lets add the creaminess! Stir in butter, milk and cheese! Toss to combine and season with more salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve with a grilled chicken breast and garnish with bacon, chives and more cheese!!