Sweet Corn, Bacon and Cheddar Rice
Rice, in my opinion, is delicious in any form, but when you add bacon and cheddar to the mix it makes it that much better!!! I mean drool worthy for sure!! I love a good rice dish because 1. its so simple and 2. it fills you up without having to eat too much if it! However, you’ll want to eat it all!
I know it seems weird to have corn in rice?! But GUYS I think I’m on to something!! The roasted flavor was there but the sweet pop from the corn was unbelievable!! I hope you guys will try this one! Don’t forget, tag @brookslately if you do!
Sweet Corn, Bacon & Cheddar Rice
- 3 strips bacon
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 3 cloves garlic. minced
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups broth or water
- 2 cobbs of corn
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Start by turning the IP or pan on suate and cook bacon until crisp. Once cooked remove bacon, leaving the grease!!
- Toss in onion and jalapeno and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour in rice and let toast lightly for a couple of minutes! Add in salt and pepper and pour in water or broth.
- For IP: Cook for 12 minutes med pressure and let naturally release! Fluff with a fork.
- For normal pan, bring liquid to a boil, turn to low and cover. Cook according to package instructions. Fluff.
- While rice is cooking, lets roast our corn! If you have a gas stove I love doing it right on the flame and turning every couple minutes. Cut off the cob.
- If you don't have a gas stove either do it in a dry pan or in the oven on broil. You could also leave this step out!
- Once rice is fluffed add in corn, and bacon pieces! Stir to combine.
- Finally lets add the creaminess! Stir in butter, milk and cheese! Toss to combine and season with more salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve with a grilled chicken breast and garnish with bacon, chives and more cheese!!
disclaimer: I used my Instant Pot but as always, you can do this in a regular pan, just like you would normally do rice! Please leave a comment below! XO Caroline