I forgot how easy and delicious a 5 ingredient meal can be! I am going to do much more of these soon. This one was DELISH! Now, lets clarify I did not count the seasoning or toppings in the ingredients but give me a break, its technically 5 ingredients!
Also, all done in one pot, still my favorite way to make a simple pasta dish! But gosh, this is creamy, cheesy, meaty and tastes just like a taco! Let me know what you think 🙂
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can rotel
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 lb shell noodles
- 1 package taco seasoning or seasoning blend
- chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper
- 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- choice of toppings
- sour cream
- green onions
- Start by browning the meat in a large saute pan. Shop mine here!
- Once meat is brown (drain if necessary), add in onion and seasoning. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add in water or broth bring to a boil. Add in pasta and cook covered on low heat for about 10-12 minutes, depending on the noodles! CONTINUE STIRRING THROUGHOUT!
- Once noodles are cooked through, there should still be a little liquid remaining! Turn heat off and add in cheese. Stir to melt. If you’d like it a little thicker add in a dollop of sour cream! But the toppings help thicken it up nicely!
- Serve and top with all the taco ingredients!!
Makes 4 servings