Y’all, I’m pretty sure I could eat about 6 of these waffles!!! SOOOOOO GOOD!! Corn cake batter is so easy to throw together, but making perfect pancakes is HARD! So I decided to throw it in a waffle iron to do all the work and guys, they turned out perfect!!! Crunchy and fluffy like a waffle but slathered with spicy chipotle butter and topped with juicy seared shrimp! This cute little dish comes together in under 20 minutes and takes no effort at all!! Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Corn Cake Waffles with Seared Shrimp and Chipotle Butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup of cornmeal
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 can creamed corn
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- chili lime seasoning
- salt and pepper
For the butter
- 1/2 stick butter softened
- 2 chipotles in adobo Puree in food processor until combined!
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients. Whisk in butter, egg and buttermilk. Add in corn, onions, jalapeno and cheese. Set aside
- Heat waffle iron to medium heat.
- Peel & devein shrimp and season with chili lime seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Start cooking waffles about 1/2 cup works well!
- Turn the oven on 200* and place cooked waffles in oven to keep warm.
- Once waffles are almost done, start cooking shrimp in a little olive oil. Sear about 2 minutes per side. Once cooked through, add in 1 tbsp chipotle butter and saute.
- Remove and serve 2 waffles with lots of butter, top with shrimp and enjoy!