I think I’m missing fall food 🙂 I just kind of dreamed this up and gosh it was perfect!! The flavors were so balanced and paired perfectly with the pork. Also, can we talk about loaded mashed potatoes. One of my favorite things in the world!!! Definitely give this recipe a try, takes a little time to prep but comes together in under 45 minutes! Hope you all enjoy!
- 4 thin cut pork chops
- 1/2 lb sausage
- 1 apple diced, I used honeycrisp
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
For the potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- plus more for garnish!
- Start by browning the sausage in a large skillet. Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- While sausage is cooking, peel and cube potatoes. Add to a large pot of cold water and boil until fork tender!
- Back to the sausage, once its completely cooked through add in apple, kale, and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes! Add in garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with a 1/3 cup chicken broth or water. Let simmer while you cook the pork chops.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Coat both sides lightly in seasoned flour. Cook in a large sauce pan with a little olive oil for about 3 minutes per side!
- While pork is cooking, drain potatoes. Mash and add in butter, cream, sour cream, bacon, chives and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with more cheese, bacon and chives!
- Plate a little sausage hash on the plate, top with pork chop and a side of mashed potatoes!