What do you usually order from a Mexican Food Restaurant?! My husband and I ALWAYS split the combo fajitas and each get a frozen marg! 🙂 I never really make fajitas at home and I don’t know why because they take NO time and the skirt steak is so easy to marinade and only needs a few minutes to soak up all the deliciousness!! Sear the meat on high heat for a few minutes per side and let rest to get the perfect medium rare!! Absolute melt in your mouth deliciousness! You’ll have to try these ASAP!
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lime
- a few dashes Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Green & 1 Red bell pepper, sliced
- Start by marinating the steak with all of the ingredients listed above minus onions & peppers. Make sure its all covered! In a large bowl or a plastic baggie. Let sit on counter while chopping veggies.
- Chop onion, and peppers. Place in a hot skillet with a little bit of oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Let get nice and cooked down & caramelized
- Once grill is nice and hot, place steak directly in the center and sear for about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat! Don’t move it!
- Once steak is nice and seared and done to your liking, remove it from the grill and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cut against the grain. Serve with veggies, tortillas and all the fixings!
Makes 4 servings!