I love a good 7-layer dip but I’m always wishing it had some sort of spicy beef involved. So I added 1 layer to the original dish and served it warm and gosh it was good!!! It’s also fun for a crowd obviously, but you can also just add a side of tortillas and people can make little loaded burritos! Love a versatile dish like this one! There is really not much to it, except EVERY layer must be delicious on their own, so don’t skimp on store bought guac and plain sour cream! Here’s how I did it!
7 Layer Taco Dip
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 8 oz jar of sour cream
- 2 avocados
- red onion
- 1/2 jar salsa
- shredded cheese
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Start with layer 1- taco meat! Brown & drain the beef. Add in 3/4 taco seasoning and water. Let boil & simmer until nice & thick. Add to a casserole dish for the 1st layer
- In the same pan you cooked the beef add in refried beans and jalapenos and a little water to thin it out. Cook until warm and season with a little salt and pepper. Add on meat as 2nd layer.
- Make the guac. Start by crushing avocados in a bowl, add in 1/4 cup chopped red onions, 2 tbsp cilantro, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. If you like spice add in jalapeno or red pepper flakes! Add on as 3rd layer
- Add on 1/2 jar of salsa as the 4th
- Next, add the remaining taco seasoning in with your sour cream (SO GOOD)! Add on as 5th layer.
- Top with cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, more red onion!
Please leave a comment below!