I love me a Chilis Copycat apparently, and these guys did NOT disappoint! So munch flavor and so incredibly easy!!! I used rotisserie chicken to make it super simple and let me tell you these were a little spicy, super creamy and cheesy & extremely crunchy. I paired them with some fiesta ranch and it’s was delish!! Give these a try and let me know what you think!!! I’m obsessed!
Southwest Egg Rolls
- 1/2 cup chicken
- 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 1/2 cup black beans drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 32 oz canola oil
- Start by mixing all ingredients except sour cream & cheese in a large bowl.
- Sauté all ingredients in a skillet on medium for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove and let cool.
- Add in sour cream & cheese.
- Fold all egg rolls. Preheat oil to 350.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove from oil & drain on paper towel.
- Cut in half and serve with ranch!
I made these in the air fryer and they were so crunchy and delicious! So much lighter than the original deep fried version if you have an air fryer you must try these!! Follow the exact instructions above roll them all up!
Instead of deep frying we are going to spray the basket and each egg roll with a little oil. Cook them at 400F for 14 minutes. Flip at 7 minutes and make sure not to crowd the basket!! I did batches of 4. Keep the rest in a wire lined baking sheet in a oven set to 200F until they are all cooked! Serve with spicy ranch and enjoy!!