I LOVE a good fried chicken strip but when they have this crunchy and fluffy batter there is NOTHING better!!! I’m telling you, these are quick, easy and to die for!! Everyone in your family will devour these! Try them? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!!
Tempura Battered Chicken Strips
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup flour + 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup topo chico
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- Canola Oil for frying
- Start by seasoning chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix 1/2 cup flour with 1 tsp of seasonings.
- In a larger bowl add in 1 cup flour, topo chico, baking soda, and seasonings. Should be a pancake batter consistency!
- Place about 2 inches of oil in a large skillet and heat to about 350 or on med heat.
- While oil is heating, start dredging chicken. Coat chicken strips in dry flour mixture then into the wet flour batter. Place directly into the oil. Fry for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked throughout!
- Serve with honey mustard or homemade ranch!! ENJOY!