One of my go-to “nothing to make for dinner” type of dinners!! Alfredo sauce comes together with 3 ingredients and takes about 10 minutes, which is the perfect time to boil the pasta! I love making it with Fettuccine but really any pasta works great! Whip up this ‘gourmet’ dinner in under 20 minutes and I promise it will be 100 times better than the restaurants!!
- 2 chicken breasts or 12-15 pieces of shrimp
- 1/2 lb pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken, shrimp or both with salt and pepper and any other desired seasonings.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter and cream on med/low heat until bubbles form around the edges. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and cook on low until nice and thick.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, sear chicken/shrimp in a large saute pan in 1 tbsp olive oil! Shrimp takes about 2 minutes per side on med/high heat. Chicken takes about 4-6 minutes per serving on med/high heat. Remove and set aside one cooked through.
- Drain pasta and toss with thickened Alfredo sauce. Top with chicken, shrimp and parsley!
Please leave a comment below!