Crunchy, fluffy and delicious pizza made in your cast iron!! Need a fool proof pizza recipe that gets crispy every single time?! Try this method!!! Such a fun weekend activity for the family! I made a simple pepperoni pizza but the topping choices are endless!! Give this a try for your next pizza night and share your creation in the comments!!
- 1 lb pizza dough, cut in two
- Rao’s Marinara Sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni Slices
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Chopped Basil
- Place dough in a bowl covered with a towel for about 1 hour before handling.
- Preheat oven and cast iron in your oven as HOT as it goes! Mine was 550.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface and cut into 2 equal pieces. Use one at a time. Roll a few times with a rolling pin then start using your hands. Take your finger and thumb and create a crust around the edges just squeezing and turning the dough in a circle. Once nice and thin set aside.
- Remove hot skillet from oven and carefully add in dough and stretch to fit the pan.
- Place in oven for about 3-5 minutes!
- Remove from oven and add on toppings. Start with a thin layer of sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, and a little Parmesan cheese. Place back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven top with basil and serve!
Makes 2 pizzas