I LOVEEE my instant pot for making Risotto!! It takes 4 minutes, yes 4 minutes, turns out perfectly creamy every time and it’s absolutely fabulous!! Add quick seared shrimp on top and it turns into my husbands favorite meal!!! Whenever you want to “fancy” up your dinner with little effort this is your meal!!
For the Risotto
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
For the Shrimp
- 12 pieces of Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1- dashes Cayenne Pepper
- Start by turning the instant pot to saute mode. Add in 1 tbsp olive oil, toss in onion and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in rice and toast for 1 minute! Pour in wine and let reduce for about 3 minutes!
- Pour in chicken broth and salt/pepper. Close lid and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes!
- While the rice is cooking season shrimp and set aside while rice cooks!
- Once timer is done, click quick release. Should take 2-3 minutes to release pressure!
- In a large saute pan heat butter to med-high heat and sear seasoned shrimp on each side for 2 minutes, or until pink throughout! Remove from pan and set aside!
- Open lid to instant pot, add in cheese and butter and season with salt and pepper if necessary!
- Scoop a heaping helping of rice on a plate, top with shrimp and more Parmesan!