There is not a better cheat meal in my opinion, and this one is near and dear to my heart! My parents owned a restaurant when I was younger and that’s where this came from. Recreated it at home and it was just as good!! Next time you want burgers, give this one a try!!! Trust me you’ll thank me later! Plus its SUPER simple!! ENJOY 🙂
- 2 pieces Texas toast
- 2 slices american cheese
- grilled onion, chopped
- grilled jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 lb burger patty
- Spice rub
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cavendars
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Start by grilling your onions and peppers. Set aside.
- Season burger liberally with spice rub. Heat a cast iron skillet to med/high heat. drizzle with a little oil and cook burger about 5-7 minutes per side. Don’t smash or touch until you flip!! It will get nice and charred!!
- Meanwhile, make your bun!! Start by spreading a little mayo on one side of the bread and place in a skillet on med/low to get nice and crispy. Add cheese to both slices and cover to melt.
- Once cheese is melted add on your onions and jalapenos.
- Place burger and top of one piece of bread and top with the other!!
- Cut in half diagonally and enjoy!!
Makes 1 serving!