Sometimes you just need some take out, at home!! Who says that just because the restaurants opened up we cant keep enjoying our home cooked, healthy version of our favorite restaurant meals?! This turned out better than expected!!! SUPER YUMMY! Minimal ingredients and I bet you have everything in your pantry!! I really think the pictures explain it all!! Crunchy chicken with a sticky sweat and spicy sauce!! Give it a try and let me know what you think!!
- 2 chicken breasts or 5 thighs, cubed
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 inches grated ginger
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 2 green onions, white and light green, chopped (dark green for garnish)
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- Start by cubing up chicken and seasoning with salt and pepper. Place cornstarch in a bowl and coat all the chicken lightly. Shake off excess.
- Heat a few tsps of vegetable oil on high heat. Cook chicken in batches until cooked through and brown on each side. I did this in 2 batches. Don’t overcrowd the pan.
- While chicken is cooking, make sauce by mixing everything in a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove chicken from oil and set on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Turn heat to medium and toss in sauce. Let bubble for a few seconds until it gets nice and thick. Add chicken back in and toss to coat!
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds and serve with white, brown or fried rice!
Makes 3 servings