I really love a good taco, and I feel like they’re hard to find!!! But when you can make them at home to taste just like your at a taco joint in mexico I’m here for it!!! These street style pork carnitas tacos are crispy and juicy and topped with lots of onion and cilantro and a squeeze of lime. The best part is that you do this in a slow cooker or instant pot and sit back and drink a beer while the pork becomes the most flavorful juicy taco filling!! It was SOOO easy!
- 1 package of pork roast. I used 2 lbs
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 beer
- 1 cup water or broth
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 chipoltes in adobo, chopped
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Start by cutting up the pork into 1 inch cubes. Throw all ingredients into the instant pot and cook high pressure for 1 hour. Or throw it into a slow cooker and cook for 4-6 hours on high.
- Once meat is done remove from the pot and shred. I like using my stand mixer but you could also use two forks!
- Lay shredded pork on a cookie sheet and broil for 5 minutes.
- Toss and add in 2 ladles full of broth from the pot and broil for another 5 minutes! It should be nice and crispy!
- Place inside 2 warm corn tortillas, top with lots of white onion and chopped cilantro!!
Feeds 3-4 people