Classic Chicken Piccata
An Italian classic that I’ve never made is tough to find!! I tried this once a long time ago and was scared to make it ever since!!! I know it’s a classic and people love it and NOW I know why! First off, it was so incredibly easy to make, it calls for very little ingredients and its absolutely delicious!! Tangy, salty and creamy!!! Love love this I will be making this over and over again! My husband and son also loved it! Serve this with a simple side of buttered noodles or some sauted spinach. Now lets get to it.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, pounded thinly
- flour for dredging
- 1 tbsp capers, drained & rinsed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup cream or non dairy (I used nut pods)
- Start by pounding chicken super thin! Season with salt and pepper & coat each side lightly with flour.
- Heat up 1 tbsp butter & 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Once oil is hot, add in chicken and cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan add in 2 tbsp of butter, lemon juice and capers. Bring to a boil. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Add chicken back in and reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to plate. Add in a dash of cream pour sauce all over chicken. Eat and enjoy!!