Smoked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
OK, this is 100% one of my ALL TIME favorite recipes in the WORLD!! I am not quite sure why I am only sharing just now!! Also, its so incredibly easy and there are so many ways to eat it!! I love making a creamy dipping sauce and toast points and eat it as an app! So good and pairs perfectly with a deliciously crisp white wine! Go ahead and make this for your Easter feast!!
For the salmon:
- salmon filet
- chopped dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 large tbsp chopped dill
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 2 dashes Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- squeeze of lemon
For the toast points
- thin sliced white bread, cut in half
- Start by making the sauce! Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl! Season to taste!! Refrigerate and taste after about an hour. Add ingredients if necessary
- Remove salmon from the fridge. Rub with olive oil, salt and pepper. Rub a generous amount of chopped dill on top! Make a foil boat & place salmon inside. Let sit on counter until ready to grill!
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake bread for about 10-15 minutes, or until crisp.
- Set up a grill for smoking on indirect heat. I used large chunks of mesquite wood for my smoke! Cook on 150-200 for about 1 hour or until cooked through!
- Remove from grill, refrigerate until ready to eat!
- Serve with toast points and creamy sauce!! ENJOY!
1 thought on “Smoked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce”