Old School Shepherd’s Pie
Well, once again, I had to use what I had to make my version of Shepherds Pie. Let me tell you it was divine!!! I would obviously use the correct ingredients next time so I’ll share that! But really, you can adjust it to work for you!! I will be making this many more times!! I absolutely loved it!! I mean what could be bad about it?! Delicious, flavorful and chunky ground beef with mashed potatoes on top! YUM!!!
- 1 lb ground beef (could use turkey or chicken)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen corn, optional
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- mashed potatoes, recipe here
- Start by boiling the potatoes and cooking until tender. Meanwhile, saute veggies in 1 tbsp oil. Once veggies are nice and tender add in beef and cook until no longer pink! Drain out extra grease!
- Add in seasonings and toast lightly for 2 minutes.
- Next, add in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer! Let cook until nice and thick, about 10 minutes!! Season and taste throughout!!
- Add in frozen corn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Finish potatoes by straining, mashing, and adding in cream, butter and salt and pepper!
- In a large casserole dish add in all of the meat mixture on the bottom then top with mashed potatoes!
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are nice and brown!
- Serve and devour!
Makes 4-6 servings!