I love myself a good one-pan meal and this one is 100% delicious! All the flavors of a stuffed pepper made into a one pan casserole!! I love that the pepper is cooked to perfection and all the flavors really blend together!! If your looking for a quick and easy meal give this one a try!!! Will be on repeat in this house!
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce, I like Rao’s
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 375. Start by sauteing pepper and onion in an oven safe skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Once veggies are cooked add in sausage and cook until no longer pink!
- Add in seasonings and rice. Toast for 2 minutes!
- Pour in 1 cup of water and 1 cup marinara sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet with a lid and put in oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked through.
- Remove lid, top with mozzarella cheese and cook for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted!
- Top with parsley, red peppers and serve!!
Makes 4-6 servings