Spring Time has me wanting to cook with ALL the fresh veggies and I just got an herb garden so fresh basil = more simple fresh meals like this coming all season!! So many of you have never tried this dish! What a travesty! 5 ingredients, basically no cooking and so fresh and flavorful! Next time you’re craving an easy meal try this!
- 1/2 lb capellini pasta
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsps good olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by boiling water and cooking pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is boiling, heat olive oil on med/low and cook garlic until fragrant about 1 minute.
- Now, throw in tomatoes and cook slightly for about 3-4 minutes! Season with salt and pepper and a few red pepper flakes.
- Drain pasta and combine with tomatoes.
- Turn heat off and throw in basil and toss to combine!
- Serve a generous portion in a bowl and garnish with more basil and Parmesan cheese!!
Makes 3-4 servings