One pot meals are always a good idea on the weekdays!! Since I have been trying to keep my kitchen somewhat clean I decided to incorporate quite a few of these into my menus and I’m loving it!! This one took about 35 minutes and was absolutely divine!! Salty orzo paired perfectly with the lemon pepper chicken! Definitely give this one a try!!
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 box chicken broth
- 1 lb orzo
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- lemon pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon
- Start by heating a shallow pan with 1 tbsp of oil to medium/high heat!
- Season chicken with lemon pepper and salt and cook skin side down in hot pan. Don’t touch! Cook for about 7-9 minutes! Flip and cook on second side for another 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked remove from pan and set aside. Wipe out pan and remove most of the oil.
- With the heat off, cook garlic for about 30 seconds or until fragrant! Pour in 3 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Once chicken broth is boiling pour in 1 lb of orzo. Cook according to package instructions and stir while cooking! Liquid should be just covering the orzo, if you need more add it!
- Once orzo is cooked through almost all liquid should be cooked out. Add in spinach and let wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Taste and season orzo with salt, pepper, lemon pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour in Parmesan cheese and a little more chicken broth. I used about 3.5 cups total!
- Add chicken back in and throw it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 375.
- Top with parsley and a squeeze of lemon!!