Mini Pretzel Bites with Shiner Cheese Sauce
Want to win your Super Bowl party!? Make these!! So easy and absolutely the cutest thing at your party!! I was so impressed at how these turned out!! Dip them in honey mustard or the delicious cheese sauce!! ENJOY!
- 1 package of store bought Pizza dough
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 1 egg whisked with 2 tbsp water
- melted butter
- sea salt
For the Cheese sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup dark beer, I used Shiner
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp chili powder
- dash of cayenne
- Preheat oven to 425 and bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove dough from refrigerator and let come to room temp while water comes to a boil.
- Next, cut dough into 3 pieces. Roll each piece into a long snake. About 22 inches in length. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Once water is boiled add in baking soda. Be careful it will boil over.
- Boil dough in batches of about 15 at a time, for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Whisk one egg with a little bit of water and brush on each pretzel. Sprinkle with salt and bake at 425 for 15 minutes!
- Remove from oven and brush with a little bit of melted butter.
For the cheese sauce:
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour in 1 cup of beer and let cook/boil for about 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to med/low slowly stir in cheese. Add in spices. Taste to see if you want to add salt but cheese may be pretty salty. Let cook and thicken for a few minutes and serve!!