Parmesan Thyme Scalloped Potatoes
I love a cheesy potato!!! Well, as I said before, I love potatoes in any form!! These were DELISH!!! I love the salty bite the Parmesan gives them paired with the freshness of the thyme! Literally mouthwatering! Give these a try next time you have a date night these would be perfect with a steak 🙂
- 4 Russet Potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk plus 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- Start by sauteing 1 onion in olive oil. Cook until translucent about 3 minutes. Add in 2 cloves of minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in 2 tbsp of flour and cook out for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk and cream. Let come to a boil.
- Stir in spices, thyme and cheese. Let simmer for about 5 minutes until thick but pour able.
- In a large casserole dish, layer potatoes in a circular formation working from the outside of the dish to the center. Salt and pepper potatoes and pour cheese sauce directly over the potatoes.
- Pour over a little bit more milk over the top of the potatoes. Top with more parmesan cheese and cover. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes. Remove lid and cook for another 30 minutes until potatoes are tender!
Makes about 6-8 servings!