Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
My husbands favorite thing to get at Mexican Food restaurants, if we aren’t splitting fajitas, is Sour Cream Enchiladas!! I figured I would make him a delicious homemade version and this one is so quick and easy!! You can make them ahead or freeze them and pop them in the oven when you’re ready to eat! Make these next time you’re craving something for “cheat night”! So YUMMY!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese, plus 1/4 cup for sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Start by cooking chopped onion in a little butter over medium heat. Add in spices and let toast for a few minutes. Add in flour and cook out for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese, sour cream and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Let cheese melt and cook sauce down until desired thickness.
- Roll enchiladas. Place on tortilla on a flat surface, spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken and a sprinkle of cheese. Roll tortilla up and place in a oven safe dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and chicken.
- Once sauce is nice and thick, pour over the rolled tortillas, and top with a little extra cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Makes about 6 enchiladas