Cacio E Pepe
Ok! I honestly will take pasta in any form, but this one has got to be one of my top 5!! I love how easy it is but if its done right its absolutely amazing!! Good ingredients really don’t need a lot to make them tasty!! Also, if you follow my Instagram you’ll know I didn’t get one picture of this beautiful dish, so looks like I’m going to have to make it again, like tomorrow!! So easy, here you go!
- 1 lb mezi rigatoni noodles, these are just shorter than regular rigatoni!
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- good olive oil
- Start by boiling your pasta in just enough water to cover the noodles!! You want the water super starchy so don’t dilute it with too much water!
- Next, in a dry pan, where you will finish the noodles, start toasting a GOOD amount of pepper! Once toasted about 20-30 seconds, remove pepper and set aside.
- I would say about 1/2 tsp-1 tsp depending on how much pepper you like! Go ahead and toast more than you think!
- Once pasta is cooked al dente reserve atleast a 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Pour noodles into the dry pan and turn on low heat. Toss in pasta water until noodles are coated. Stir in paremesan cheese in batches, and toss in toasted pepper and a little salt if needed. Taste and add more pepper if needed!
- The sauce should be nice and thick and coating all the noodles. Drizzle on a tiny bit of good olive oil and serve!! Top with more parmesan cheese!!
This would be the most delicious side dish to the chicken parmesan recipe here.