I can’t pass up a simple fried rice and this one tastes just like your at a hibachi restaurant! It uses all staple pantry ingredients and pairs perfectly with my stir fry!! Definitely give this a try soon!!
- 2 cups cooked & cooled white or brown rice
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, miced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 inch grated ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch of chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large pan heat vegetable oil to medium heat. Saute onion for about 2-3 minutes. Add in ginger and garlic, cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in rice and let cook for about 3 minutes letting crisp up! Make a whole in the middle of the rice and crack the eggs. Scramble and let cook for a couple of minutes. Once cooked through, mix into rice.
- Lastly, add in the remaining ingredients. Taste and season according to your liking.
Makes about 4 servings