Are you ever looking for a simple and delicious weeknight meal that you can whip up in no time!?This soup is so incredibly comforting, and creamy!! This one pot dish was so simple to make and came together in less than 20 minutes! I love potatoes in any form but this soup totally knocks it out of the park!! Give it a try!
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cups of milk
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tbsp chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cavendars
- LOTS of salt
- LOTS of pepper
- In a large heavy bottom pot, cook bacon until nice and crispy. Remove from pan, crumble and set aside.
- Saute chopped onion in the reserved bacon grease. Add 1 tbsp of flour and cook for about 2 minutes. Season with salt, pepper. garlic powder and cavendars. Once onions are cooked add in milk and potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 10 minutes or until fork tender. Stir often!
- Carefully remove half of the soup and puree until smooth. Pour back into the pot and stir.
- If you have an immersion blender use this and blend only 1/2 the soup!
- Add in a splash of cream, most of the crumbled bacon and 1/2 cup of cheese. Taste and add in more seasoning if needed. This take A LOT of salt and pepper!
- Serve and garnish with remaining cheese, bacon and chives!
Makes 4-6 servings!