Quick and Easy Beef Stir Fry
You all asked for it and here you go!! Simple beef stir fry!! I served it with fried rice, but you could totally just serve it with steamed white or brown rice! So easy, sweet, salty, and ginger-y. I hope you guys will try it!
- 1 lb sliced beef
- salt and pepper
- corn starch
- 1 cup blanched broccoli
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 1 grated garlic clove
- 2 scallions, chopped
1. Start by chopping your veggies. Next, bring a big pot of salted water to a boil. Toss in broccoli and boil for 2 minutes. Remove broccoli from water and "shock" in ice water. Drain and set aside.
2. Next make the sauce. Mix soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and scallions in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Add 1 tbsp oil to a large skillet and heat to med-high. While heating, toss beef with salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp corn starch. When skillet is nice and hot start browning the meat in batches!! You want to create a nice brown crust! Remove meat and set aside.
4. In the same skillet add in veggies. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until tender.
5. Add in beef and sauce. Cook on med heat for about 2 minutes until sauce has thickened and coated all the meat.
6. Serve with a side of rice and ENJOY!
Makes about 4 servings