Southern Style Meatloaf
Have you ever made meatloaf?! I know its about the most unappetizing name ever but let me tell you this is the most delicious meatloaf you will EVER try!! Want to know the best part?? You mix all the ingredients in 1 bowl, throw it in the oven and bake it!! Absolutely the easiest dish there is!! Its basically like a big meatball but better in my opinion because it takes WAY less effort and you can eat it with mashed potatoes and gravy 🙂
– 1 lb ground beef, could use turkey or chicken
– 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
– 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
– 1 heaping tbsp mustard
– 1 heaping tbsp ketchup
– 1/2 package saltines, crushed
– splash of Worcestershire sauce
– garlic powder
– cayenne pepper
– salt and pepper
– 4 slices of bacon for topping
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until just combined.
2. Form into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Top with 4 slices of bacon.
3. Bake at 375 for an hour to an hour and a half, or until cooked through.
2 thoughts on “Southern Style Meatloaf”
I love making a 1/2 turkey 1/2 gr beef meatloaf once every month. I always cook the onions before they are added in. Sometimes I add pine nuts and green chile. Sometimes I make a horseradish sauce. Serve with sweet potato and green beans. 🌿
I’d love to be added to your regular email address for weekly recipes💚
Yum!!! Sounds like a great version!!! I can’t wait for you to try this one! I love meatloaf!! If you scroll down to the bottom of the webpage there is a place to click “follow” that will send you an email every time I post!!! So glad you’re loving the recipes!