Broccoli Cheddar Spaghetti Squash Boats
Want something comforting AND low calorie?! This is your meal!! So fulfilling and so easy it will become your new favorite dish!! Not to mention it feeds a big family!! Definitely give this one a try!! Also, what other meals do you make with spaghetti squash?! I love that it is so versatile!! I’ve used my meat sauce with it and its so yummy!! Anyway, here’s what I did!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup chopped chicken
- 1 cup steamed broccoli, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder (4-5 shavings on a rasp)
- 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg
- 2 dashes cayenne
- big pinch of salt
- 5-6 grinds of a pepper mill
1. Start by prepping your spaghetti squash. Cut in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a 400 degree oven for 40-45 minutes. Using a fork, scoop out the "noodles". Keep the skin for your "boats".
2. Next, start your cheese sauce. In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on med heat. Whisk in 2 tbsp of flour. Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Whisk in one cup of milk. Bring up to a boil, reduce heat to simmer.
3. While heat is on low, stir in cheese, and seasonings. Let cheese melt and taste!!
4. Add in chopped broccoli, chicken, and spaghetti squash.
5. Pour back into squash boats and top with more cheese. Broil for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted!