These are the perfect quick weeknight recipe!! I love that you can make them ahead of time, put them in the fridge and bake them when you’re ready!! These are just like traditional lasagna but just so much more fun! Give these a try!
– 1/2 lb lasagna noodles
– 1/2 lb Italian sausage
– 1 cup tomato sauce, plus 1/2 cup for topping (I like Raos)
– 1 cup ricotta cheese
– 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg
– 1 tbsp chopped parsley
– 1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Start by browning the sausage in a large skillet. Add in 1 cup tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup of water. Cook down for about 5 minutes! Boil noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together ricotta, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, and parsley.
3. Start assembling the roll ups. Take 1 noodle and spread a layer of ricotta mixture over the length of the noodle. Spoon one tbsp of sausage/tomato sauce mixture at the end of the noodle and roll up.
4. Place in a baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
5. Top with extra tomato sauce, a layer of mozzarella cheese, and a sprinkle of parmesan
6. Bake at 400 for 23 minutes. Broil for an extra 2 minutes until the cheese is golden brown!!
Makes about 10-12 roll ups