Bobby’s Korean Chicken
Who doesn’t love juicy, sweet, salty and crispy skinned chicken?! This is from Bobby Flays cookbook and I will be making it over and over again!! I’m not going to lie his recipes are quite challenging to read!! Have you tried them? I hope my videos help. So worth it but a little tricky!! Give this one a try, and as always, if you need help check out my saved stories on my Instagram page!! ENJOY!
– 1 chicken cut into pieces, skin on
– 1/2 cup gochujang
– 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
– 1/8 cup honey
– 1/8 cup soy sauce
– 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
– 2 scallions for garnish, thinly sliced
1. Start by marinating the chicken. In a medium bowl whisk together gochujang, orange juice, honey, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Place chicken in a large bowl and pour over 1/2 of the marinade. Cover and place in fridge for 2-8 hours. Save the rest of the marinade to baste chicken while cooking.
2. 30 minute before cooking, remove chicken from the fridge, place on a tray and pat dry. Brush on a little oil and season with a little salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, set up a charcoal grill for indirect heat. Place all coals on one side of the grill, leaving the other side empty.
4. Place chicken on indirect heat, skin side down. Cooking for about 10-15 minutes. Brush reserved marinade on the top of the chicken and flip. Cook chicken for about 8-10 more minutes. Brush one more time with marinade and flip. Cook over direct heat for another 3-5 minutes until skin is nice and crispy.
5. Garnish with scallions and serve! ENJOY!!
Makes 8 pieces of chicken!