Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
This is one of those dishes that your mom’s friend probably used to make! It was always good but also weird, or at least that’s what I always thought! I love the idea that you just throw it all together and throw it in the oven. Its super easy everyone can do it and it makes a ton!! I took out the cream of mushroom soup and it turned out DELISH! If you like mushrooms, just saute those with the veggies and you’ll get that mushroom flavor! Give this a try! We could not stop eating it!!
– 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
– 3 chicken breasts or 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
– 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 heaping tablespoon flour
– 16 oz. chicken broth
– 4 oz cream cheese
– 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
– cayenne pepper
1. Start by cooking pasta according to package instructions. Cook until al dente about 2 minutes shorter than full cook time. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken with a little salt, pepper in 1 tbsp olive oil. Remove cooked chicken, chop into cubes and set aside. Add chopped veggies into the same skillet and cook on med. heat for 3 minutes. Next, turn heat to low and cook garlic for about 30 seconds.
3. Once veggies are cooked, stir in flour and cook on med heat for about 2 minutes. Whisk in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and seasonings. Cook on low until cheeses are melted. Remove from heat. Pour into a bowl and mix in cooked spaghetti, and chopped chicken. If mixture is too thick add in about 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
5. Pour into a baking dish and top with extra cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve and ENJOY!