Chicken Enchilada Soup
It is FINALLY soup weather!! WOOHOO! I have a few more delicious soup recipes up my sleeve but this one is 100% to die for! Its creamy, hearty and so easy to make!! You will be obsessed with this, trust me!!
– 1 yellow onion, chopped
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 box chicken broth
– 3 corn tortillas
– 1 can red enchilada sauce
– 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, can use rotisserie
– 4 oz cream cheese
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
– 1 tbsp chili powder
– 1/2 tbsp cumin
1. If you need to cook the chicken breasts, season with salt, pepper a little cumin and chili powder. Cook in large stock pot with 1 tbsp of olive oil for about 4 minutes per side or cooked completely. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add in another tbsp of oil, onion and spices. Turn heat to medium and saute for about 3 minutes. Throw in minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Pour in 1 box of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling tear in 3 corn tortillas. Add an additional 1/4 cup of water, 1 10 oz can of red enchilada sauce and chicken. bring back to a boil.
4. Turn heat to low, stir in cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes until soup thickens.
5. Serve and garnish with your favorite toppings! ENJOY!!
Makes about 4 servings